– Planning & Architecture is implementing the development of a new town, Ørestad, close to Copenhagen airport, covering an area of 3 million m2, and the redevelopment of Nordhavn, a 200-hectare harbor area, with another 3 million m2.
– Nordhavn will be transformed into an integrated urban district made up of a number of overbuilt islets, separated by basins and canals, housing 40,000 inhabitants and creating the same number of jobs.
– The companies declared objective is to realize development projects and guarantee the desired quality in city districts, public spaces and buildings.
– Rita Justesens areas of responsibility range from the development of long-term strategies and overall structures for entire urban areas to precise master plans and urban projects.
– The company also has an approval procedure for all building projects, which leads to control of architectural quality and the interaction between building and context.
– Rita Justesen is the author of several articles on the development of Copenhagen and has given public lectures all over the world.